Pages

October 02, 2010

One of my favorite poems...

Sirena [the Mermaid] Sings
by Barbara J. Pulmano Reyes

It's the beauty of a cloudless sky
And rolling hills of green
Or rocky mountains caped with snow and fragrant pines
That I smell on your skin
Or the warmth of the sun baking you browner and browner
As you sit by the ocean, stare fixed on the horizon

Into my world I wish I could bring you
Draw you inside and keep you warm
I could teach you to fly
If you dream about floating away
Into a timeless quiet
Where soft green light transforms us both
Into fairy tales and fantasy

Somehow, there is a way
Between our two wolrds

We still meet
At that point where land meets water
Where my songs lead you to the ends of the earth --
There, I am waiting with arms to embrace you
With passion that forces the waves to crash onto rocks
And a love that absorbs the heat of the morning sun

No comments:

Post a Comment