Pages

December 02, 2010

Mirror, mirror...

THANK YOU to my lovely cousin Camille [worth-.tumbr.com] for helping me in this time of low self-esteem.

Yes I admit these past few weeks have been hell on my health. I've been obsessing with weight and just pushing myself past my limits to reach an unrealistic goal. I know I should be happy in that I lost 70 lbs in the course of one year and managed to keep it off. But I am still not satisfied...I am not happy with my body. I have yet to learn to love myself and until I do that, I will forever be pushing for an image that is just not me.

She texted me today to read -- 1Peter 3:3-5

Your beauty should not come from
outward adornment, such as braided hair and
the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.
Instead, it should be that of your inner self,
the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet
spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.
For this is the way the holy women of the past
who put their hope in God used to make
themselves beautiful.

-NIV

That passage just opened up my eyes and I saw things in a whole new light. I have been focusing so much on how I NEED to be at a certain weight in order to feel/be beautiful that I have completely disregarded my inner worth.

To love yourself is to love God...

...and God has blessed me so much.

I have a man in my life that loves me for me and for everything that I am. He tells me that I am beautiful both inside and out. And I thank God for He has blessed me with the love of my life - Joshua Matthew Miller.

I have a wonderful and loving family that supports me in everything.

I have amazing friends and our friendships will last a lifetime.

Happiness and love is all around me.

It is time to be happy and love myself for who I am. Only God can define me and no one else [Thank you Camille...I love you!!].

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment